For many years, Mercotac® Brushless Slip Rings have been the top choice for a diverse range of industries and applications, including packaging machinery, due to their various advantages, such as:
- Eliminates wire breakage
- Continuous rotation capability
- Long-lasting , no maintenance
- Low resistance, energy efficient
- Capability to handle power and data signals via a single, compact brushless slip ring.
Packaging machinery requires reliable and efficient electrical connectivity to ensure the smooth operation of various rotating components, such as heated rollers, sensors, and controllers.
Mercotac brushless slip rings provide an innovative solution for rotary electrical connections in packaging machinery, offering high performance, low maintenance, and long service life.
Mercotac slip rings are designed to provide a low-contact resistance connection between stationary and rotating parts, ensuring low electrical noise, minimal wear, and high signal integrity. They are ideal for use in packaging machinery applications that require rotation, precision, and reliability.
One example of a packaging machinery application that uses Mercotac brushless slip rings is rotary fillers.
These machines use a rotary disc to dispense a precise amount of liquid or granular material into a container, and require electrical connections to the sensors and controlling systems.
Mercotac’s 830 model slip ring, which features 8 conductors, is commonly used in rotary fillers to provide rotation while ensuring low-noise electrical connectivity between the rotating disc and the stationary components.
Another application that uses Mercotac brushless slip rings is rotary labelers. These machines use a rotary turret to apply labels to containers, and require electrical connections to the motor, sensors, and control systems. Mercotac's 430 or 630 model slip ring, which features 4 or 6 conductors respectively, is commonly used in rotary labelers to provide low-contact resistance electrical connectivity between the rotating turret and the stationary components.
In addition to rotary fillers and labelers, Mercotac brushless slip rings are also used in other packaging machinery applications, such as rotary cappers, cartoners, and case packers, as well as flow wrappers for food. Mercotac offers a wide range of slip ring models with varying numbers of conductors and current ratings to suit the specific needs of each application. Overall, Mercotac slip rings provide a reliable and efficient solution for rotary electrical connections in packaging machinery, offering high performance and long service life. Their use can help improve the efficiency and productivity of packaging machinery while minimizing downtime and maintenance costs.
Here are some more examples of packaging machinery that use Mercotac® brushless slip rings:
1. Rotary Palletizers: These machines use a rotating turntable to stack products on a pallet. Mercotac's 430 model slip ring, which features 4 conductors, is commonly used in rotary palletizers to provide low-contact resistance electrical connectivity between the rotating turntable and the stationary components.
2. Filling and Capping Machines: These machines are used to fill and cap bottles, jars, and containers with liquids and other products. Mercotac's 630 model slip ring, which features 6 conductors, is commonly used in filling and capping machines to provide high-speed, low-noise electrical connectivity between the rotating filling and capping heads and the stationary components.
3. Wrapping Machines: These machines are used to wrap products in packaging material, such as shrink wrap, stretch wrap, or foil. Mercotac's 830 model slip ring, which features 8 conductors, is commonly used in wrapping machines to provide low-contact resistance electrical connectivity between the rotating wrapping head and the stationary components.
4. Flow Wrapper: Another type of a wrapping machine is a flow wrapper for food. This process is also called horizontal bagging, fin seal wrapping, crimp seal wrapping, and pillow pouch wrapping. This machine wraps and seals individual food products in plastic film which requires a heated roller with temperature sensing. An example of this is candy bars. The Mercotac model 430 is commonly used for powering the heaters in the roll and for the connection to the thermocouple used for temperature sensing.
What can we help you with next?
How to Order Mercotac® Products: Order directly from Mercotac from within the USA, or through an authorized distributor if outside of the USA.Learn More
Frequently Asked Questions: Learn about the benefits of Mercotac products. We strive to answer all of your brushless slip ring questions. Learn More
Check out our Mercotac® Learning Center: Here we offer guidance for engineering designs that utilize our brushless slip rings. Learn More